The purpose of this request for expressions of interest (REoI) is to provide the background, required qualifications as well as scope of work for a STC position to provide support to the AF-TERG as fin-admin consultant. Through this request the AF-TERG will be locally hiring one fin-admin to be based in DC, for a total of 80 days under fiscal year 2023 (FY23), which ends on June 30, 2023.
The full Terms of Reference can be found at the bottom of this page!
Scope of work
The AF-TERG Secretariat fin-admin STC will be responsible for the following:
- Support the AF-TERG Secretariat Coordinator and AF-TERG Chair in the coordinated preparation and monitoring of (multi-)annual work plans and corresponding budgets for the AF-TERG and AF-TERG Secretariat, drawing on inputs from the AF-TERG Chair and Members.
- Undertake the analysis of monthly expenditure reports and other corporate reports for briefing to the Secretariat Coordinator.
- Process contracts and payments, as directed by the AF-TERG Secretariat Coordinator.
- Ensure the creation and use of charge codes, including making adjustments in expenditures in coordination with the Adaptation Fund Board (AFB) Secretariat Financial Analyst.
- Undertake additional financial analysis at the various organizational scales, as needed.
- Update the monthly report on the status of contracts
- Monitor the AF-TERG Secretariat’s systems and processes in key organizational areas and provide suggestions for improvement of workflow and controls.
- Support the design and implementation of workflow modalities for AF-TERG Secretariat’s organizational collaboration with strategic partners such as the AF-TERG Chair and Members, AFB Secretariat, and other key stakeholders as directed by the AF-TERG.
Operations and communication support:
- Coordinate and integrate inputs from the AF-TERG Chair, AF-TERG Members and AF-TERG Secretariat Coordinator for the preparation of meeting documents, including agenda, minutes, tracking of decisions, Chair’s notes, budget and business-related documents, reports on evaluation activities, etc.
- Provide virtual meeting support to AF-TERG Chair, Members and Lead evaluators when requested
- Develop and maintain a diary of upcoming events in evaluation and climate change adaptation
- Support the maintenance of the AF-TERG web environment.
Administrative coordination and support:
- Coordinate the preparation of appropriate financial and non-financial instruments (e.g. MOUs) required for meeting/event organization and other projects, in coordination with the World Bank legal office and counterparts and follow through agreement implementation.
- Ensure preparation and dispatching of decision letters and other correspondences from the AF-TERG Secretariat.
- Supports the process of on-boarding new consultants.
- Assist in the preparation and logistical planning of various events, e.g., conferences, workshops, and learning events (BBL), make travel arrangements for participants, oversee conference room arrangements and readiness; when applicable, liaise with counterparts in countries for good coordination, prepare necessary materials as needed.
Perform any other task as required by the AF-TERG Secretariat Coordinator.
The specific qualifications and experience required are:
- At least four years of direct relevant experience.
- Bachelor level degree in business administration, accounting or social sciences/international development or other relevant field, preferably with understanding of climate change adaptation related portfolios / work streams or evaluation.
- Proven financial, budgetary, HR and systems-related analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to apply these skills in a practical setting, including the ability to identify issues, present findings / recommendations and contribute to resolution of secretarial / coordination challenges.
- Experience with developing and maintaining organizational work plans and budgets, and other analytical outputs, with demonstrated capacity to pay attention to details / accuracy.
- Knowledge of and experience with the use of the productivity tools of the MS Office package.
- Knowledge of and experience with the use of planning and survey software packages.
- Proven capacity to multi-task—working on a variety of tasks simultaneously, independently adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, i.e. to fully comprehend tasks, to develop a strategy for implementing those tasks and drawing up on a variety of resources to ensure completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external partners and promote collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent command of English written as well as spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure total discretion, confidentiality and strong personal ethics.
Desirable qualifications are:
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the use of World Bank Group admin systems.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the use of statistical analysis packages (SPSS, R programming, etc.).
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the use of online meeting tools (like Webex / Teams) and survey tools (like SurveyMonkey).
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the use of databases, including project portfolios, for creating reports and managing automated actions.
- Additional language skills in French or Spanish, is a plus.
- Experience of working in or with developing countries is a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the Adaptation Fund or environmental / climate change work streams in the World Bank is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with climate change adaptation and resilience, and countries in fragile situations, is an added advantage.
- Experience of communications and/or managing web page content.
Interested candidates are hereby invited to send their expression of interest – expressing how their background fits the required qualifications – together with an up-to-date curriculum vitae to email@example.com with “AF-TERG Sec Local Fin-admin STC EoI” in the subject line.
The application deadline is close of business on December 6, 2022 (Washington DC time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview which may be in-person or virtual.
For any clarification concerning this communication, please contact the above email address. The AF-TERG Secretariat is happy to provide clarification on the terms of reference if needed.
|2022 11 21 REOI-ToR AF-TERG _Fin admin STC_clean||250 KB|