The Desert Research Foundation of Namibia (DRFN) technical assistance grant for the Environmental and Social Policy and Gender Policy (TA-ESGP) seeks to enhance the capacity of DRFN to assess and manage environmental, social and gender related issues and its compliance with the Adaptation Fund’s Environmental and Social Policy and Gender Policy.
Specific activities by DRFN for the readiness grant include:
- Development of respective guidelines for screening projects for environmental and social risks and gender-related risks.
- Development of procedures for undertaking projects for environmental and social risks assessment, gender assessment and for formulating risks management plans that are gender responsive.
- Development of avenues for public disclosure and gender responsive consultation.
- Development of transparent, accessible, fair and effective grievance mechanisms about environmental or social harms and complaints related to gender inequalities and other adverse gender impacts caused by projects/programmes during implementation.
- Training of staff to carry out relevant tasks related to the implementation of the Fund’s Environmental and Social Policy and the Gender Policy.
|Inception Report||83 KB|
|Project completion report|