Readiness Programme for Climate Finance
The Adaptation Fund’s Readiness Programme for Climate Finance aims to help strengthen the capacity of national and regional implementing entities to receive and manage climate financing, particularly through the Fund’s Direct Access modality, and to adapt and build resilience to counter changing climate conditions in sectors ranging from agriculture and food security to coastal zones and urban areas.
Key Focal Areas
- Support to accredited implementing entities, which includes introduction seminars, facilitating peer to peer learning and the provision of small grants to support project formulation and the implementation of specific policies such as the environment and social policy
- Cooperation / partnerships with climate finance readiness providers
- Support to countries seeking accreditation through small grants, hosting climate finance readiness seminars and events, and developing tools and guidance documents to support countries seeking accreditation with the Fund
- Knowledge management including the publishing of country case studies, media outreach and the documentation of lessons learnt on Climate Finance Ready website
The Adaptation Fund Board has made available several small grants under the Readiness Programme to help national implementing entities (NIEs) provide peer support to countries seeking accreditation with the Fund and to build capacity for undertaking various climate finance readiness activities.
Capacity Building Events
Please see below for upcoming capacity building events organized under the Readiness Programme. Summaries of past Readiness events can be found in News & Seminars page. Please see Events Calendar for all Adaptation Fund events.
- Climate Finance Readiness Webinar #6, April 19, 2018
- Readiness Workshop #2 on Accreditation and Readiness Support Package June 5-7, 2018
- 5th Annual NIE Seminar, August 28, 2018
- Climate Finance Readiness Webinar #7, October 25, 2018
Click here to view the summaries and presentations of the past readiness events.
Policies and Guidelines
The Fund has published guidance documents for implementing entities on compliance with the Adaptation Fund Environmental and Social Policy (ESP) and Gender Policy. The documents provide practical guidance to implementing entities on achieving and demonstrating compliance with the ESP and Gender Policy in the project and programme cycle whenever project implementation has the potential to trigger risks in those areas. Read and download the guidance documents in the Policies and Guidelines section.
About Direct Access
The Adaptation Fund pioneered fully operational direct access to climate financing.
Through direct access, National Implementing Entities are able to directly access financing and manage all aspects of climate adaptation and resilience projects, from design through implementation to monitoring and evaluation. Read more >