The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) technical assistance grant for the Environmental and Social Policy and Gender Policy (TA-ESGP) seeks to enhance the capacity of NABARD to assess and manage environmental, social and gender related issues and its compliance with the Adaptation Fund’s Environmental and Social Policy and Gender Policy.
Specific activities by NABARD for the readiness grant include:
- Review of relevant national procedures; development of screening tools for environment and social risks for climate change projects; and suggest best practices based on the NABARD institutional context and national policies and procedures for future projects.
- Review of ESMP and gender aspect under existing AF supported projects (or in pipeline) and development of Environmental and social and gender management plans.
- Revise disclose strategy for the projects under implementation (or in pipeline).
- Revise the grievance mechanism.
- Training of select entity staff to carry out the relevant tasks related to the implementation of the Fund’s Environmental and Social Policy and the Gender Policy.
|Inception Report||2 MB|