The Micronesia Conversion Trust Fund (MCT) of Federated States of Micronesia technical assistance grant for the Environmental and Social Policy (TA-ESP) seeks to enhance the capacity of MCT to assess and manage environmental and social related issues and its compliance with the Adaptation Fund’s Environmental and Social Policy.
Specific activities by MCT for the readiness grant include:
- Development of a manual for screening projects for environmental and social risks.
- Updating guidelines and development of a guidance document for undertaking project environmental and social risk assessment and for formulating risk management plans.
- Development of avenues for public disclosures and consultation.
- Development of procedures for a transparent and effective grievance mechanisms.
- Training of staff to carry out relevant tasks related to the implementation of E&S Policy.