The National Fund for Environment and Climate (FNEC) of the Republic of Benin technical assistance grant for the Gender Policy (TA-GP) seeks to enhance the capacity of FNEC to assess and manage gender related issues and its compliance with the Adaptation Fund’s Gender Policy.
Specific activities by FNEC for the readiness grant include:
- Updating of existing procedures/manuals/guidelines for screening projects for environmental and social risks with measures to avoid, minimize and/or mitigate adverse gender impacts in accordance with the Adaptation Fund’s Gender Policy.
- Development of procedures for undertaking gender assessments to assess the potential roles, benefits, impacts and risks for women. These could be integrated with the procedures for undertaking project environmental and socioeconomic assessments.
- Development of a policy/avenues for public disclosure to access such information, and including developing policies/avenues for gender responsive consultation.
- Development of a transparent and effective grievance mechanisms.
- Training of staff to carry out the relevant tasks related to the entity’s institutional framework for gender mainstreaming.
|Project document||1 MB|